Frequently asked questions
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by pm4 owners and guests.
There are 3 types of questions: Emergency, Community and Personal. Click the + next to the questions to read the answer.
- Go to local police: Remember to take your passport. The police station is situated on the main road as you drive into Estepona on the left side, Avda del Carmen.
- In the event of emergency, telephone the police (0034) 952 894 021 or phone the community officers (0034) 672 666 110.
Telephone: (0034) 952 890 533
- Emergency doctor: (0034) 092 505 061 / (0034) 607 319 999
- Ambulance: (0034)952 890 533
- Medical Centre Sabinilla: (0034) 952 890 451
Centro de Salud de Sabinillas, Avda Andalucia, Sabinillas. Clinic open Monday – Friday, 8am – 3pm.
- Private doctor:
Dr Rafael Gonzalez de Gor Santos (English speaking), Plaza Ginebra, No 11 San Luis de Sabinillas.
(0034) 952 893 535, out of hours medical care (0034) 6646 550 588
Or Dr Peter Furness (English speaking) in Estepona: (0034) 670 665 730
- Helicopteros Sanitarios: (0034) 952 811 818
You will need your EHIC card and a photocopy of your passport. The doctors consultation is free but any prescription has to be paid for.
To collect your pool pass take proof of identity to the Caseta site office, Sophie will give you your pool pass.
For a third party to collect your pass, they must have your authority such as an email instruction from yourself with your name and apartment address clearly stated.
Pool passes are required during the summer period, check pool pass dates .
Replacing the wooden terrace rails is the responsibility of the community.
Please report the problem to Fran, our community maintenance man, and the site office.
Fran will need to measure the rail and organise a replacement and fit it.
You will need to contact Ammex (email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Or contact the president to get the contact details of the owner.
The owner of the upstairs apartment has a duty of care to attend to the problem.
Please advise the president if you have any difficulties.
Press the alarm button (button with bell image).
The community officers should answer and attend very quickly.
In 2019, the main swimming pool will be open from early May to the end of September 2019. The opening times are or will be posted on the boards at the pool access gates. The small pool is open all year round.
Our Community Colours are:
- Walls – Tierra Calida 257EF Hempamur Liso
- Wooden Rails – D533 Base 0561E, Calidad 049E1 Lasur Satinado Agua. This is the colour used by the painting company, it is a water based stain but any dark brown would be suitable.
Both products are available from ‘TORRE RUIZ’, Av de Manilva, Sabinillas.
The Entity is responsible for work outside of our pm4 community, the communal parts of the urbanisation Casares Del Sol. The fees we pay are mainly for the upkeep of the roads, footpaths and street lights, and also pay for the Community officers.
Community Fees pay for the upkeep of the Community. Each property will have its own quota, and this is shown on the property deeds. A budget is agreed at the AGM each year and this will determine the fees that you pay. The fees are due February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st .
At this same time, your Entity fees are collected by the community, the Entity part is then forwarded to the Entity on your behalf.
- Telephone community officers immediately: (0034) 672 666 110.
DO NOT WAIT several days before reporting the matter!
- Please report faults to Jan at the Caseta site office (0034) 951 278 831 or tell the pm4 maintenance man.
- If it is necessary to contact a neighbouring owner about a problem concerning their apartment and if it is urgent, please contact the president.
This is important.
- Report your lost Access Fob immediately to the Caseta site office and to the president, stating the unique number on the lost fob.
- You may purchase another fob for 20e once the lost fob is deactivated. A temporary pass costing 50e returnable deposit can be issued.
Our contractors is responsible to ensure there is a TV signal reaching each apartment. But inside the apartment is the owners responsibility.
- First ask a neighbour in your block if their TV is working. The problem could be either a community problem or it could your TV or the internal connection in your apartment.
- The owner or occupier should report the fault to Jan in the office or direct to our contractor Tom Anderson (+34 654 455 397 email@example.com).
PLEASE NOTE: If the problem is your TV or internal to your apartment, there will be a charge for attendance, payable direct to Tom Anderson.
If this problem happens over a weekend, it will not be fixed until Monday!
- Ask the pm4 Maintenance man / or at the Office to check the router light in the internet cupboard.
- NO LIGHT – ask at the person in the office to report the fault to the telephone company.
LIGHT ON – it could be a problem with either the cabling to your phone point or a fault with your router or computer. Please be aware that if the fault is with your equipment, the engineer may charge you! If you need the engineer, ask Jan to contact Tom Anderson.
Internet phone lines are: Block 28 951517234, Block 29 951517235, Block 30 951517236, Block 31 951517237, Block 32 951517238
Casares del Sol pm4, Casares Costa, Malaga 29690
The External build is insured through the community insurance but you will need to insure your private apartment which should also include electrics and pipework, and against damage caused to other properties.
If you rent your apartment you should get holiday insurance.
This is advisable. Ammex can provide this service at a cost of 140e per person (price as of 2018).
The Caseta is not manned all the time and it is not for personal deliveries.
These can be delivered to one of the external collection points such as:
Duquesa Business Centre www.DuquesaBusinessCentre.com (+34) 952 892 700. The charge is 10euros per parcel, and they will email you when the parcel arrives.
Some owners might want to rent their own provate postal box, these are available in the ‘English bookshop’ in Sabinillas or the ‘Business centre’ in Duquesa.
As a guide, the below annual payments are based on a standard 2 bed 2 bathroom property.
|Community fees||as per your quota
Please note these figures are just guidelines.
Long Term Rentals
If you want to long term rent, there are many risks involved and for every good renter, there is a bad renter or non payer. Please choose your agent wisely, either by recommendation or ensure they are a bona fide company with premises, eg not operating out of a ‘car’. For every good letting agent there is a bad one.
Holiday Rentals or Friends Staying
If any money changes hands when you let friends stay or have holiday rentals, then you are legally obliged to register your property with the tourist authorities, ref Law 13/2011, of Tourism in Andalucia. It is free to register, or Ammex can submit your registration for a small cost, 121e (price as of 2018).
If you let friends or family stay in your property completely free and without any exchange of money, these properties are excluded.
If you are a non-Spanish resident, you should pay income tax on perceived rental income. UK nationals can contact spanishtaxforms.co.uk who can fill in the return for a nominal sum. Ammex can provide this service for non residents, from 70e for single owner (price as of 2018).
For owners who are registered for Holiday Rentals, your tax return should be filled in quarterly. Ammex can provide this service at 50e per quarter for 4 declarations per year (price as of 2018).
The local agent is ‘Rafalux’ in Sabinillas, C/Bolivia 11, San Luis de Sabinillas, 29692 – Málaga.
(0034) 951 972 014 / (0034) 605 322 9564.
It is possible to change your tariff arrangement here, or check any bills and discuss usage. The man in the shop ‘Daniel’ speaks very good English, but there may be a charge for this service.
Cadastral Value is the rateable value of your property. The value is shown on your IBI statement, called ‘domicilado’.
IBI are local rates which pay for the local amenities including police.
They can be paid yearly or monthly by direct debit. Statements are not always sent. This information is available at the local ‘patronata’ office next to the police station in Manilva. Please take you NIE certificate or passport. You need to pay your IBI at a bank.
Please note this is a private matter.
- Contact our registered contractor Tom Anderson (0034) 654 455 397 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The agreed cost for internet is 70e payable direct to the contractor. If you require a router, he can supply at an agreed cost of 50e.
- The agreed cost for satellite TV is 200e payable direct to the contractor, you will have to supply your own satellite box.